Monday, December 8, 2008

So little time - So many lies


















I promised you so much and offered so little.
I'm just dealing with life. I'm writing Christmas poems in exchange for Christmas gifts.

Tell me what you need a poem for and what you'd offer in exchange. We might have a deal here.
Loyal readers might remember this as some kind of tradition, I used to do this over at LTMJ for free. NOT ANY MORE,  the rough times are here!

To sample what you might get: here's a poem reader Vinny received to go with a knee-length copper coloured jacket she'd bought for her sister Elizabeth.

Elizabeth darling, here’s a material kiss
A token of love from your bohemian sis
It may keep you warm, but who really cares
Important thing is, it will guarantee stares

I mean looks of that great kind that you already know
The kind you’ve grown used to – in sun and in snow
It’s made of a fabric in the (other) colour of money
I think you will like it, it’ll look great on you, honey

But since you’re a woman you might still be concerned
And since I’m one too, I have my lesson learned
This time, don’t you worry – it DOES make you look skinny
Big hugs, lots of kisses from your sister Vinny