Tuesday, September 8, 2015

positive thinking taken to the extreme

Not quite there yet but am trying to assume this line of thinking: 

“I love my rejection slips. They show me I try.” – Sylvia Plath


----
On that same note I find it soothing to read negative reviews of books I've loved.  I find solace in how different opinions can be on the same work. Keep trying.

Ps. To clarify: I know Plath can hardly be summed up as a person radiating positive thinking. I mean only that that one sentence characterizes positive thinking taken to the extreme.

5 comments:

  1. She loved her rejection slips so much she killed herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think in her case it's less positive thinking and more taking comfort in the rejection slips showing her that she wasn't a complete loser and couldn't try at all, almost as if she needed the outside confirmation that she even existed.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comment, so happy to hear from you.