Friday, May 23, 2008

Dear Eurocard














Dear Eurocard, I finally went ahead and cut my card to pieces.
It felt so responsible, so grown up. And embarrassing as the action itself was such a humiliatingly acute reminder of my lack of self control.

Both the ridiculous act with scissors and the many memories of things I've bought that maybe I shouldn't have but damn it felt good at the time.

For three weeks I've lived without a credit card. It's been going fine. But then today, I called all my friends and family, asking for a money transfer to buy a pair of pants I can't really afford. My love for shopping has not been diminished one bit by the card cutting. I blame the Eurocard, letting me grow used to the notion that I could buy anything whenever. Even on maternity leave, I deserved nothing less than A.P.C shoes and champagne.

Now I wonder, as your end consumer, if you could somehow take your part of the responsibility and lend me some cash. Just 'til Monday, promise.
Thanks!
-e

PS. The way your card takes all trouble away in your new ad-campaign...all I can think is: cocaine.