Monday, September 8, 2008

Dear readers, it's my birthday!



Yesterday, it was my birthday. Since I am a professional end consumer, you might wonder what such a person wishes for, when birthday comes along.

It might seem like an end consumer would wish for the best boots, jeans, luxury travel or food items around, knowing so much about current competition on the various markets.

But what I wished for this birthday was different things. Things I've never seen on a wish list. I wished for:

  • Someone to just appear and clean my fridge.
  • My feet to be narrow.
  • My kids to eat their breakfast in less than 40 minutes.
  • A shower close to my work.
  • Headlines saying "mortgage rates going down, way,way down!"
  • That our car would suddenly be free of the following probs (sub wish list):
  1. That the euro Joel put in the cd-slot would evaporate into thin air, making the cd-player fully capable of playing music again. Also, that would mean we would not have to pay hundreds of euros to get rid of one euro.
  2. That the car would stop making a cute little jump every time you start the engine.
  3. That the warning lamp saying the breaks don't work would turn off since we've had the car thoroughly checked by pros and there's nothing wrong with the breaks, but try telling that to a potential buyer.
  4. Would someone just go ahead and steal the car, please.
  5. That the backseat would suddenly grow to fit our kids.
I got nothing on my list. But you can't stop me from looking at the bright side of things, I'm a copywriter, that's how I make my living!

Instead I got what I couldn't even dream of:

  • A perfect autumn walk with baby Niki.
  • A chocolate cake madeand decorated by Vanja.
  • An out of this world self esteem booster by Aymeric. THANK YOU AYMERIC!
  • Perfect running gear by Anders. Thank you Anders!
  • A dinner by Björn and Frida. Thank you Björn and Frida!
  • A dinner by mom and dad. They also offered me an Aalto vase, but I sadly declined. At least for a few years. Joel would have it in pieces in minutes.
  • Kisses and hugs from Joel.