Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring coat?






I need a new coat. The old one is so worn and covered in pieces of mashed banana it looks like it belongs to a homeless person who loves to roll around in banana pudding. The lining of the coat is so ripped, I have difficulties finding my own arm. On more than one occasion, I have missed the bus because I couldn't get my arm out of the lining to show my commuter card.

I have loved this coat and it shows. Love hurts.

So now I'm looking for a new spring coat. This is a contender. What do you think? A little masculine, a little rain coaty-y. The color is admittedly bla or bland. On the good side, it will probably go with anything. Though mashed banana will hurt it, as all parents know, banana turns into a dark intreatable mass with time. Time being seconds from the moment it lands on your item of clothing.

Would Angelina wear this? Would Chole Sevigny? Eva Mendes? Freida Pinto? They probably all would, with nothing underneath.
There used to be a time when I had Lauryn Hill as my guiding light in style issues.

When she looked like this






















rather than this