Wednesday, April 20, 2011

thank you!


Thank you for all the jeans buying-advice!
I might still not buy any since Jenny's words about "even just the search for jeans is a soul-sucking enterprise in futility" seem so true to me!

Though I must admit I saw another pair of those wonderful jeans with braided details designed by Chloé, worn by Kate Moss, and what can I tell you? I love them. Love a pair of jeans. It's demeaning. I'm a healthy person with a house and a fine family, shouldn't I do something better with this privileged life than lust for jeans?

But buying this and buying that - I'm short on cash. Also read on various blogs about brands and trends and shopping and in the end it just seems so exhausting, time consuming, consuming and expensive. which are natural feelings to search for if you're broke, surrounded by beautiful things.

So just asking you: are you up for another round of forgotten closet? That would be me showing how one can dress really inexpensively with the help of old purchases, clothing swap trophies and general stress?

8 comments:

  1. Clothing swaps! Long forgotten in these parts, but so enriching. No wonder you're broke - I looked at Elin's Pilates prices, damn honey, I hope she's worth it! Ouch. Even my Nia classes were about 40% cheaper, and I thought I was being a crazy big spender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But those prices are for PRIVATE sessions. I take group classes at forsgrenska badet and only some private sessions. So worth it. she's incredible. my being broke has more to do with working less because of everything that's happened this spring.
    it's nobody's fault but my own. being broke is ok if it's your own decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love forgotten closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's entirely different, yes! Sounds good, prices more friendly at forsgrenska, quite reasonable. Tell us more about the Pilates as you go on - intrigued, though I've never had the patience to keep at it myself. Thought it was too slow, but never did it long enough to see results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is slow but HARD! I love it. Elin is so so so great. There's no music. Motions are tough but small, controlled. Aim for precision. After only a month, I can notice increased precision, improved posture and: my shoulders aren't constantly glued to my ears like they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. or slow... not so slow. only slow in group classes when there are beginners and elin has to adjust to suit the rookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love the forgotten closet topic. Wish you could have seen my smile when I saw the post where you looked like a very feminie and complete version of Judd Nelson in breakfast club. /Maja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Acute Trek Pvt. Ltd. an indoor outdoor trekking and tours operative takes you that further way to guarantee you has an unforgettable adventure that you have been dream of. Benefit, of course there is the Acute trek part of choice. We have your choose of trekking for 3 days or 30 or more days it depending of your timetable, sleep under lodges or tent. We always respect our duty to constantly your holiday satisfaction in Nepal. Whether you are looking for a quiet gateway, a memorable outing with a family or an exciting nature adventure. We offer you with the best progressive information and itinerary leading focused and modified as per your requirements.
    http://www.trekshimalaya.com
    http://www.adventurestrekking.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comment, so happy to hear from you.