Monday, November 9, 2015

Jane on tour

I'm taking a brisk walk through Central Park, listening to the most exciting part of Jane Eyre and am stopped by a tourist who wants to ask for directions.

Me: Hold on a sec, I need to pause my listening.

Lady: Sure, what are you listening to?

Me: Jane Eyre - it's right where she tells her stiff cousin it kills her to be with him.

Lady: Oh. Will she go on tour soon?

Me: What?

Lady: Will you see her in concert?

Me: No, like I said, I'm listening to Jane Eyre, the book.

Lady: I don't know what that is.

Me: It's...a book.

Lady: Ok, but where is the Merry-go-round?

5 comments:

  1. Was just imploring Rio to read Jane Eyre. Man I love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have we even discussed most recent film version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no! looking forward to doing just that with you!

      Delete
    2. no! looking forward to doing just that with you!

      Delete

I welcome any comment, so happy to hear from you.