Saturday, February 25, 2012

Know what happened in Rome?



We were out walking and I saw a sign indicating we were just passing by a small museum of fashion. I told my brother I just wanted to take a quick look. We went up to the building, trying to find an entrance to the museum. We couldn't see it. Then, a museum person appeared from a small door and produced a key, proceeded to unlock a door JUST FOR US and let us in.

Inside, there was a fantastic collection of clothes, all of which seemed to have belonged to PALMA BUCARELLI.

It was like a dream. I still don't know if it really happened.

Besides being very interesting professionally, she wore shoes like these, in the 50s.

Went to the beach in this.
So much to say about her, I can't get beyond that the most elegant woman in Rome
was appointed inspector at a museum at Villa Borghese in Rome at age 23, hid art from the Nazis and later became famous for protecting Piero Manzoni's shit.

I've tried to find the name of the museum for you, think it is

Museo boncompagni Ludovisi. The Great Company of Louie Museum.
Please open an "in the great company of Emi" museum.

That would be all.