Thursday, June 5, 2014

Reader question from Cecilia

I am a fellow Swede living i NY who usually consider my self a city life person, but I have never missed nature this much in my entire life. Do you feel the same way? Do you also find it a bit overwhelming being surrounded by so many people all the time? 

Really like your blog!

/Cecilia

Hi!

I do miss trees! That's probably cause I'm in Williamsburg. Am deeply in love with trees. Might even have to move closer to the park (Central Park) cause I miss green so much. The people don't overwhelm me so much but that's probably cause I spend so much time alone in our apartment working. Where are you in NYC? What brought you here?


-emi

6 comments:

  1. I also miss trees! I walked the High line the other day and had to touch the birches :) Luckily I live fairly close to Central Park on the Upper East Side and I must say that I love living close to the park. Followed my husband to NYC, whom is here for a year working.

    /Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that Zephyr book. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not sure if any other book besides tomtebobarnen and maybe daddy longlegs have had the same impact on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia! Perhaps you'd like to meet for coffee this or the other side of summer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emi!

    I would love to meet you for coffee. I will be in NYC until the middle of July, then heading back to Swe for a couple of weeks. How do we make a plan, email?

    /Cecilia
    ceciliaolarsson (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Barcelona and while there are some trees and green spots there's not a lot. My boyfriend has started hugging trees lately since he feels that it's very comforting (i agree) but the last time he did it in ibiza at night outside a police station.. maybe not the best spot if you don't want the police to start thinking you're high on something..

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comment, so happy to hear from you.