Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Training Lisa Chong and you. part 6.

Helping you even more with those 2 minutes

As you try to run your two minutes, these thoughts will likely go off on a loud speaker in your head:


  • Why am I doing this?
  • This is pointless.
  • I hate this.
  • I'm not a runner, I'm a walker.
  • Not everyone can be a runner.
  • I must look ridiculous.
  • There's no dignity in running.
  • I'm too old to start running.
  • This is hard.

Think of these thoughts as disturbances. That's all they are. Work through them. It's just 2 minutes. You can do it. You will do it. This week.


Use these thoughts if you need counter action:


  • I'm doing this because I know it will feel good, eventually.
  • Though I think this is pointless now, it's not pointless to use a body if I have one.
  • I hate this now, but this now is not forever.
  • I can be a runner and a walker.
  • Everyone with working legs and feet can be a runner. And some other people.
  • I may look ridiculous. Who cares?
  • There's no dignity in running. Dignity is overrated.
  • I'm too old to start running. It's never too late to get healthy.
  • This is hard. And I get stronger by the minute.