Wednesday, April 4, 2012

THANK YOU ADELEINE!!

Know why you should get yourself a blog? Because when a book (published by a University in Toronto) you really want is only sold from Canada and you can't get there in person, you can ask for people in Toronto who read your blog and one such person says she bikes past the university every day and wouldn't mind picking up a copy for you and she does and she's SO GREAT.

She has a blog herself. I keep waiting for her to ask me for something only available in Stockholm but that hasn't happened yet.

Have only browsed Letters to Francesco Datini by Margherita Datini, but I love what I've read. Such a relief to read an actual medieval woman's words about her life instead of a bunch of assumptions of what such a woman would know or what she would talk about. The letters are from the late 14th century. I'll quote them soon.