Monday, September 10, 2012

treated like shit - ps to men and apologies














Only one person who later apologized did actually treat me like shit. Post apology he proceeded to try to seduce me all over again and I got to say it people, I got to say EAT YOUR HEART OUT and I know revenge shouldn't be sweet, but damn it felt so wonderful it still makes me smile just thinking about it. 

When they've been about 2, my kids have all insisted I should read a particular book to them about a mean monster in the forest. They bring out this book and go "boo!!!" And urge me to read it. They want the thrill of fear. 

I used to love being scared by that book too, when I was about 2 (it was first published in 1910). And one day I realized that this former crush - he kind of looked like this monster. I now think that perhaps what I saw in him might have been the strong thrill of fear from toddlerhood? I simply mistook it for love - the volume of the feeling was so loud.

did this ever happen to you?


2 comments:

  1. i could scare dinah with that troll when she was about 2, too! she loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This just made me understand my middle school crush, now properly to see as something of a bully. So thank you for this. Happier today not to have dated!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comment, so happy to hear from you.